Degree Programs and Delivery
An Honours degree is unique to the British, Australian, New Zealand educational system. You will not find an honors degree program at an American University. However, there is an opportunity to graduate with honors and it is based on your cumulative grade point average at the time of graduation.
- Students graduating with a CGPA of 3.90 - 4.00 will graduate with Summa Cum Laude (1st Class) honors.
- Students graduating with a CGPA of 3.70 - 3.89 will graduate with Magna Cum Laude (2nd Class) honors.
- Students graduating with a CGPA of 3.50 - 3.69 will graduate with Cum Laude (3rd Class) Honors
Classroom timing depends on whether you are pursuing your degree at a full-time or part-time pace.
- Part Time: Classes are held from 7 p.m.-10 p.m. on weekdays and on Saturdays from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Full Time: Classes are held from 9 a.m.- 7 p.m. on weekdays only.
The number of hours you spend in the classroom each week depends on the number of courses you're taking. Part-time students generally take 2 courses and full-time students generally take between 3 and 4.
- We have three graduate degree intakes each year. Students can start in January, June or August.
- Our undergraduate degrees currently have a July and a January intake. The opportunity to start in October and March is also available to international students and those requiring a deferment due to national service.
- Graduate intakes are capped at 20 students starting in any one term.
- Undergraduate intakes are currently capped at 50 students per degree program
- Graduate applicants must have a CGPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Undergraduate applicants must have a CGPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students not meeting the CGPA minimum are encouraged to meet with a member of the Embry-Riddle Admissions team to discuss provisional admission or options for admission after additional tertiary education and/or a satisfactory entrance exam score.